... A little more about me
I have been a trustworthy Breastfeeding and Childbirth advocate and informative resource serving Maui families for over 19 years. I love sharing my knowledge, experience, compassion, kind, warm, and caring open heart with families in the Childbearing years.
Prior to moving to Maui from California, I became a Doula of North America International Certified Birth Doula. I am certified to teach Childbirth and Breastfeeding Classes as a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator and as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant. I also earned a Diploma from Saddleback College in Early Infant and Childhood Development and Education.
I make house calls/home visits for Doula and Lactation Consultations. I am Trauma informed. I Serve and Support All individuals from All Walks of Life.
My Services Include:
*Birth Doula Care/ Labor Coach (Non-Clinical)
* Labor & Birth Support- to include Emotional, Psychological, Informational, And if desired- Hands on Massage, Manual Therapy, Acupressure, Counterpressure, Cold and Heat Therapy , Peanut Ball and Rebozzo use, Optimal Fetal Positioning.
• Breastfeeding classes-Focused on the First 4 weeks of Newborn Feeding- We practice with Dolls and Cloth Breast Models, Go over the Anatomy and Physiology of the Breast, How to Breastfeed, Positions for optimal Latch, Common Problems and how to avoid them. How the Partner and others can support the Breastfeeding Person. Questions and Answers. Warm Line Anytime during Lactation Journey.
• Childbirth Classes- with focus on individual needs and how each individual envisions their own unique Labor and Birth. These classes are fun, interactive and experiential. We practice a Labor Rehearsal, to include Breathing Techniques, Proven Comfort Measures and Coping Skills for each Stage and Phase of Labor and Birth. I hope to instill more Confidence in the Mother and Partner, so they feel better informed and prepared.
*Medicated or Unmedicated Births
*Home, Hospital or Birth Center Labor Support
• Lactation Support- in Home or Hospital immediately after Birth and Beyond if needed
• Newborn and Postpartum care
*Mentorship for Birth Doulas of any level of Experience.
I offer Private and Group classes.
Please contact me for registration and scheduling information.
I can be reached via text or email 24/7 and/or by phone call daily from 10am til 3pm.